Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Why Linux May Never Be a True Desktop OS

This guy makes a good case why Linux will never over take Windows.


This guy does make some good points, but I still think there is a chance for the Linux to take over Windows, without removing what makes Linux, Linux, though it is going to take some time for Linux to mature more. Though Linux has gotten better than it was a few years ago, there are still a few big hurdles with it that need to be addressed before the common user would decided to use it, though I would probibly use it if palm devices and the iPod would have some decent compatiblity, though there are consecutive issues to get this addressed also, so for now I use windows. This is not saying I like it, but its unfourtuatley what everything is made for today. I still hope for a Linux future though...

read more | digg story

No comments: