Monday, October 30, 2006

Amarok 1.4.4 released with music store

"The new Amarok 1.4.4 release is the first open source media player to have built-in support for a DRM-free music store: Magnatune guarantees that for every song sold half the revenue actually goes to the artist. The new release also includes a slew of other features, as well as under-the-hood improvements and bugfixes."

Sounds interesting, though I have mostly used Itunes for my music collection, I have had fiddled around with Amarok. Overall from when I used a cvs version of Amarok, that it probibly is the most featured filled Itunes replacement for linux. Still the only problem with Amarok, is that it is a KDE based app, and I use GNOME as my desktop environment

read more | digg story

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anybody home?

Happy New Year!