Friday, August 04, 2006

Linux expert switches to... Windows?!

Quote, "My friends, I have some news for you. Yesterday I did an evil thing. I did something that, even now, feels degrading. But I had no choice."


Now, In my opinion, I can agree with the writer, because there is a lot of software that is on linux, that is on the Windows platform as well. I have actually alot of experence of using it also. I still have computers with Windows for gaming, and for doing programming, from the fact that Windows is the dominant platform at the moment. This does not mean I will not stop using Linux, I am just embraceing Linux for being open source and stable, and Windows, for mass conpatiblity. I really use both most of the time so I have experence in both. This choice isn't wrong, and I do not want people complaining to me that Windows sucks and what not. There are alot of gremblins in Windows that I despise, and If I could get my Alphasmart to sync in Linux as well, and be able to sync my iPod, with DRM media through some means, and as well as better WIFI support (especially improved WPA support) I would probibly use Linux more often. Even with those issues, Linux is still very much usuable, as well as rock hard stable, compared with windows. Though in this world, with Windows as the dominant platform, and with most video games only on the Windows platform, using both platforms in a mix, at least in my mind, is a more resonable choice than being forced to switch from one to another.

read more | digg story

No comments: