Friday, August 04, 2006

Steve Jobs saves WWDC for me

With all the horror stories of bad customer service, here's a story with a happy ending. Steve Jobs answers the call of a student developer who's having issues with a Macbook repair, and is in danger of not having his machine back for WWDC.


Wow, that story, from what I've read, is very ironic and fatefull. Somehow that email was sent through the right channels and got into eye of Jobs' personal assistant. This story can be shown as another example that even though Apple does make mistakes in there designs, there customer service is responsive enough to get equipment repaired or send customers a replacement. Kudos to Apple and Steve Jobs for this. Also there was somthing else I wanted to point out:

"Today I got a call from a man from Apple who identified himself as Steve Job’s personal assistant. Jobs had gotten my email and instructed his assistant to make the necessary calls to get my laptop fixed and returned back to me in time for WWDC. His assistant also mentioned that Steve found my line about “going to WWDC without a laptop is like going to war with a bannana” funny. Ha. I made Steve Jobs laugh today. How about that."


Apparently Jobs liked the line that the blogger posted that “going to WWDC without a laptop is like going to war with a bannana”, I think it is a funny line as well also.

read more | digg story

No comments: