Sunday, June 11, 2006

An annoying article that labels my blog as "Spam"- old habits die hard..

Apparently one person has labeled many blogs, inlculding this one as "Digg spam blogs" labeling that I and other people are too lazy to write our own articles. But I personally many of times blockquote digg hashes and respond to them in different ways, sometimes I may not add anything because I just think its interesting, and emphazize it as a post. Sometimes I may get so aggrevated that I comment about something quite abit.

This person thinks that these exist to:

There are really only two reasons these sorts of blogs exist - advertising and pagerank. By taking Digg's content and putting their own ads around it they can suck a little traffic and earn from ad clicks. With any pagerank they aquire they can boost their own 'legitimate' or other spam sites.


I do not try to boost my stats, heck my stats are miserable, as well as I not really caring for alot of people to read it. This is only a collection of news that is interesting to read, instead of searching many websites, or digg, which constantly changes dynamically. Having the content static helps someone find news that has allready been pushed out from the top news que. He also thinks that:

These blogs are of no or negative value to Digg, and just dilute the value of Digg's unique content. Search engines generally penalise sites for having duplicate content, there's no guarantee G/Y/M will find Digg's original version first.


The content would be spread by other means, IM and other things, so it woudn't be that unique, many news topics also make digg, could be posted earlier by sites like Neowin, that basically rehases a summary and links to the main article, does it make them bad, just because they describe an article that they didn't make?

Here are 50 chumps who cannot write content for themselves. :)


I am not a "chump" though there could be some who collect news just for the hits, I just do it for one to collect news articles that THINK ARE INTERSTING. Though I use the digg descriptions, they are usually good, execpt in those times that they are odd, or incorrect, that I attempt to mention what is wrong. Again I say that there are people who do it just to make there blog better, but I am not in it for that, and I want to say that to anyone who reads this blog, that this is not done in a spam fashion, though it seems like it. There is alot of times just alot of good news articles that I want to spread to people that don't go to neowin, or digg, or have the time to see it, but want it condensed so they can read it at an appropriate time, rather than digging down in digg, or other news sites like neowin, for example. The post about this can be found here.

In the end, it could be that the savory fact that blogging digg content just has such a postive bringing of people, rather than unique (like my orchestra blog) content, though some people do have sucess, but there needs to be more to promote this, as well as better commenting, and as well as digg allowing HTML to put blockquotes in for the allowing of comments, because its been brotken for awhile.

No comments: