Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Telemarketing on Skype? Our worst fears being realised?

This is my own blog entry but I feel it is important enough digg because it could be such a massive deal. Looks like telemarketing has finally invaded Skype and may already being seriously hampering its connectivity and quality.


It seems a little extreme to think that people are now resorting to telemarketing on skype, because not everone usese that same service. I would think a little higher at the possiblity that it may be a possiblity more overseas, and not as much in the US. I think this mainly because Skype is more popular in Europe/UK than in the US. Overall I'm hoping that this obsersvation of this person is just a freak occurance, because then we would need to set it to block out any other calls comming in, which isn't good, if people get calls on skype from other people not on there list.

read more | digg story

3 comments:

Ozyman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ozyman said...

Lame rumor-mongering. Completely bogus panic story. This is the kind of bull that does damage to a good thing.

I have no excess love for ebay, but Skype has been very, very good to me, and to you. It's only a big company, but it beats the hell out of Vonage and other rip-offs. It's one thing to lament telemarketing, but to jump to this conclusion is bogus.

Based on one (1) incident, he writes:

"This is my own blog entry but I feel it is important enough digg because it could be such a massive deal. Looks like telemarketing has finally invaded Skype and may already being seriously hampering its connectivity and quality."

Wow.

Based on one incident.

Blogs are mostly empty echo-chambers (mine included). This is a perfect example.

compuguy1088 said...

In my opinion I think it is a fluke, because there is no potential to telemearketing on Skype, yet, though I just commented that there allways is the possiblity that It could happen.